Nooksack Valley FFA
2019-2020 FFA Officer Team
President: Nicci Vermeer
Vice President: Gaby Levine
Secretary: Destiny Dunlap
Treasurer: Kennedy Hance
Reporter: Sarah Sande
Advisor: Rhonda Juergens
FFA Plant Sale -
The catalog for our FFA Plant Sale is done and ready for you to view. Below, you will find pictures, descriptions and how the process will work this year. This will be much different from in the past but I am just very glad we can still share our plants with you. Check out the Nooksack Valley FFA Plant Sale Facebook page also.
A few things:
1) The online order form will open up April 30th at 9am.
2) Use this catalog to create a specific list of what you want so you are ready to fill out the online order form with your plant variety and quantities.
3) Orders as they are received.
4) Once your order and payment amount are confirmed, you will be given a link to make your payment online and schedule your pick up date and time.
(Pickup May 5-7)
5) All payments will be online this year. We cannot accept check or cash this year due to the circumstances and requirement for safety. Because of this, prices are lower to account for the small finance charge that is passed on to the card holder. We will be absorbing that cost for you.
We appreciate your support and look forward to sharing our greenhouse with you!
July Meeting Summary and Schedule - this letter explains all you need to know about fair and includes all of the schedules will need. Please make sure you read through it as there are several mandatory deadlines for different groups involved with fair.
Stall Duty Schedule - this is the most current stall duty schedule. All livestock participants must serve a 2 hour stall duty each day of fair. Please see the July meeting summary for consequences for a tardy or missed shift. You must be on time for each stall duty.
Landscape Watering Schedule - this is the most recent landscape watering schedule. We will fill in the remainder of the schedule when we install the landscape. Please be thinking about what dates you will be able to water. All shifts will need to be filled prior to fair.
Fair Note - All documents are also posted on Facebook and on Remind
Fair- Below you will find all the links that you will need for information about fair this summer.
Northwest Washington Fair FFA Site - You will find all links that you need associated with the fair at this website. You can find the registration link, important forms, animal health requirements, FFA rules, show ring code of ethics and much more.
Lynden Junior Livestock Show and Sale- You will find the link to see market sale information here, including the file to print extra add on forms.
Example Sponsor Letter - These should be created now and delivered to local family members and businesses to get support for your animal project.
Our FFA Chapter would like to thank everyone in the community who supported our annual FFA plant sale this year!!
FFA State Convention- Congratulations to our Food Science team placing 2nd at state with Madison Hem placing 11th, Kendall Newton placing 9th and Elizabeth Conner placing 1st individually out of more that 250 participants at FFA State Convention this year. Also our Milk Quality and Products team placed 8th in state with Aiden Conner, Gaby Levine, Sarah Sande and Kennedy Hance. Great job guys!